Azealia Banks is adored for her potty-mouthed raps and uptempo dance beats, but as she recently told Hive, she’s also a veteran of the Harlem community center dance scene. It shows in “Liquorice,” her latest video. So if you want to spice up your own moves this summer — whether at the beach, the club or your local community center — we suggest you study this nine-step guide to the “Liquorice,” the Azealia Banks dance craze that’s poised to sweep the nation.
1. First: Find a bat. Fondle it.
2. Next, chew some hay.
3. Follow with a cute head jiggle that says “whatever!”
4. Now point that bat!
5. Slowly spread your wings…
6. …Then draw your guns!
7. Round off with a leg jiggle that says, “Yeah, that’s right!”
8. Lastly: Release and relax!
9. Now take five and enjoy a well-deserved hot dog slathered with ketchup and mustard. Repeat.